Reporting to: Coordinator
Place of work: Njala University, Bo Campus
TITLE OF PROJECT:
West African One Health-Actions for Understanding, Preventing and Mitigating Outbreaks
This project will be conducted in Sierra Leone, Guinea, Liberia and Nigeria by an international and multidisciplinary consortium led by Njala University. It will include mixed methods such as remote sensing, machine learning and qualitative methods to determine relationships between changing demographics, land-use patterns and emerging pathogens.
The team will describe the impacts of COVID-19, Lassa Fever and Ebola on the livelihoods of people in the four countries. The project hopes to create policies to mitigate against disease emergence and transmission, related risk to food security and social inquiries.
The project aims to accelerate and expand One Health actions to prevent and mitigate infectious disease outbreaks at community and national levels across Western Africa. Relationships between changing demographics, land-use patterns and emerging pathogens will be described between the 4 countries
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
MSC Global Health, Project management, health-related discipline Project or One Health.
Scientific project management experience; grants management experience; experience working in a diverse multicultural and multinational institution; proven capacity to coordinate groups, meeting deadlines and work under extreme pressure is required.
- Strong writing skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Great organizational and communication skills
- General computer skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide project coordination in concert with country partners (in Nigeria, Liberia and Guinea) and Principal Investigator.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours.
- Organize zoom meetings and chair, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings. Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings. Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Developing project strategies. Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each work package and for each country project.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members. Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Ensure technical and financial reports are submitted from project partners within every six months.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
If you would like to apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, which should include summary of the reason why you would like to be appointed and the qualifications and experience you will bring to the University together with three referees. Alternatively, you can also apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com OR Use the Job Application form to apply. Please note that 1st February 2022 is the closing date.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send the names, address and contact numbers/email addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted